[syslog-ng] unofficial syslog-ng 3.18 rpm packages

Czanik, Péter peter.czanik at balabit.com
Thu Oct 25 08:50:37 UTC 2018

Hi,

All my unofficial syslog-ng 3.18 rpm packages are now on-line. You can
learn about what is new or what changed in this release in the release
announcement:
https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/releases/tag/syslog-ng-3.18.1 Note,
that not all features are available in all packages.

Changes in packaging:

- openSUSE & SLES: no changes
Available at:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:czanik:syslog-ng318

- Fedora & RHEL/CentOS 7: Python support changed from 2.7 to 3.X, where X
is the Python 3 version available in the base distribution. For EPEL 7
packages it means 3.4, even if EPEL has 3.6.
Available at: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/czanik/syslog-ng318/

- RHEL/CentOS 6: no spoof source support (does not compile), no MonogDB
support (source no more bundled with syslog-ng and no ready to use external
package is available). Let me know if you miss either of these features.
Available at:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/czanik/syslog-ng318epel6/

Installation instructions are available at
https://www.syslog-ng.com/community/b/blog/posts/installing-latest-syslog-ng-on-rhel-and-other-rpm-distributions
but note, that you need to change the version number from 3.14 to 3.18 in
the examples.

Bye,

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
Balabit (a OneIdentity company) / syslog-ng upstream
https://syslog-ng.com/community/
https://twitter.com/PCzanik