[syslog-ng] IPV6 and IPV4 syslog-ng issue

Szemere, László laszlo.szemere at oneidentity.com
Wed Oct 10 07:54:24 UTC 2018

Hello Venkat,

 I do not know any current issue with IPv4 / IPv6 support. Since IPV6 can
support embedded IPV4 it is possible that you have to "constrict" the
binding in cases like this. (i.e.: ip-protocol option) Can you please share
with us your configuration and the list of your network interfaces (with
the configured addresses)?

Note: Starting syslog-ng with the
  -F (foreground)
  -d (debug)
  -e (stderr)
  -v (verbose)
options, syslog-ng will provide verbosed information. Possibly with some
details or error messages about the network binding.

Br,
Laci