[syslog-ng] Global flush-lines option VS elasticsearch2 destination flush-limit param?

Nagy, Gábor gabor.nagy at oneidentity.com
Sun Nov 11 13:47:09 UTC 2018

Hello!

Sorry for the late response.
Flush-limit() is elasticsearch() driver-specific option and AFAIK it cannot
be replaced using flush-lines() option in global-option,
and flush-lines() cannot be used as an option to elasticsearch().

However flush-lines() global option changes some underlying behaviour of
syslog-ng which can affect elasticssearch() driver as well since 3.18.1
release.
If flush-lines option value is smaller (by default 100) than flush-limit(),
syslog-ng will flush messages once flush-lines number of messages are
collected.

Recently, we were just working on some reworking of flush-lines() in
general and regarding some drivers, e.g. http() and I think elasticsearch()
drivers are affected as well.
flush-lines() option in global options no longer affect elasticsearch()
drivers behaviour starting with upcoming 3.19.1 release.

In older releases (< 3.18.1) flush-lines() option had no effect on
elasticsearch() driver.

Regards,
Gabor