[syslog-ng] sending log messages to graylog

Szemere, László laszlo.szemere at oneidentity.com
Tue Nov 6 15:47:33 UTC 2018

Dear Rodney,
 I kindly ask you to add more effort into summarising your problem. (Most
of the time I figure out something by myself just by trying to put it into
proper words.)
 Sandor asked you at least 5 questions in his previous email. You sent 2
one line answer in the last 10 minutes. Only answering the version number.

 As Sandor pointed out, syslog-ng actually writes the /var/log/messages
file. If you want to forward "it's content" towards your graylog server,
than you have to actually "divert" it earlier.

 In a different way: With a VERY big simplification, your log messages
takes the following route:
   SOURCE -> FILTER -> DESTINATION

 You have to investigate your "log" statements. Decide which one of your
logs you want to forward towards graylog, instead of the current
destination(xxx), and modify it.
 (Note: Duplicating the logs, and store them on both location is also
possible, but you have to clearly express your use case.)

Best regards,
Laci