[syslog-ng] sending log messages to graylog

Rodney Bizzell hardworker30 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 12:57:42 UTC 2018

If you look to the bottom of the config I have made changes to source(sys)
pointing it to my graylog server. I am reading through the documentation I
am thinking that should send the logs to graylog server  I am just asking
I apologize if I am making assumptions. The documentation isn't always
clear, so I am just asking if I want to send /var/logs to my graylog server
do I need to add a new source for var log?
 options {

    flush_lines (0);

    time_reopen (10);

    log_fifo_size (250000);

    chain_hostnames (off);

    use_dns (no);

    use_fqdn (no);

    create_dirs (no);

    keep_hostname (yes);

};

source s_sys {

    system();

    internal();

     udp(ip(0.0.0.0) port(514));

};

source s_net {

udp(ip(0.0.0.0) port(514));

tcp(ip(0.0.0.0) port(514) max-connections(256));

};

destination d_cons { file("/dev/console"); };

destination d_mesg { file("/var/log/messages"); };

destination d_auth { file("/var/log/secure"); };

destination d_mail { file("/var/log/maillog" flush_lines(10)); };

destination d_spol { file("/var/log/spooler"); };

destination d_boot { file("/var/log/boot.log"); };

destination d_cron { file("/var/log/cron"); };

destination d_kern { file("/var/log/kern"); };

destination d_mlal { usertty("*"); };

destination d_graylog {

tcp("graylog.server”

port (12201)

);

};

filter f_kernel     { facility(kern); };

filter f_default    { level(info..emerg) and

                        not (facility(mail)

                        or facility(authpriv)

                        or facility(cron)); };

filter f_auth       { facility(authpriv); };

filter f_mail       { facility(mail); };

filter f_emergency  { level(emerg); };

filter f_news       { facility(uucp) or

                        (facility(news)

                        and level(crit..emerg)); };

filter f_boot   { facility(local7); };

filter f_cron   { facility(cron); };

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_kernel); destination(d_cons); };

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_kernel); destination(d_kern); };

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_default); destination(d_mesg); };

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_auth); destination(d_auth); };

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_mail); destination(d_mail); };

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_emergency); destination(d_mlal); };

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_news); destination(d_spol); };

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_boot); destination(d_boot); };

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_cron); destination(d_cron); };

log { source(s_net); destination(d_graylog); };

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_default); destination(d_graylog);};

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_kernel); destination(d_graylog); };

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_default); destination(d_graylog); };

# Source additional configuration files (.conf extension only)

@include "/etc/syslog-ng/conf.d/*.conf"

    89,1          Bot