[syslog-ng] sending log messages to graylog

Péter, Kókai peter.kokai at oneidentity.com
Tue Nov 6 06:03:36 UTC 2018

Hello,

Please do not assume we know about default configuration, as we do not know
the source of your packages. (of course I could guess, but assumption are
mostly source of errors)

Yes with **log** you can and should connect source and destination - just
like in your e-mail.

Could you please be more specific about what you mean by local logs ? Logs
from journal (if you have systemd), logs from files (/var/log/...) ?

A good bet would be the **system** source, that should detect the system
and choose the appropriate method to collect the host logs.
See:
https://www.syslog-ng.com/technical-documents/doc/syslog-ng-open-source-edition/3.18/administration-guide/25#TOPIC-1043976

I would suggest for you to break up your debugging process:
* Verify if you could send logs to graylog (I think this was done)
* Verify if you could collect local logs (for example print those logs into
a file instead of graylog)

If the above two are okay, you can connect them with a log and should work.

--
Kokan