[syslog-ng] (U) [Non-DoD Source] Re: Rotate syslog-ng log files

Amin, Jitesh CTR DISA JSP (US) jitesh.amin.ctr at mail.mil
Wed May 30 13:29:37 UTC 2018

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
Hello,
So we have to plan an upgrade first.

Let me ask this, with the following config =  destination syslog { file("/var/log/syslog-${YEAR}-${MONTH}-${DAY}.log"); };

It created new file and started writing to it (versus creating new syslog.log). Question, if we plan to accept this for now, with above config, would it create a new file ever day with following file names or no it would not work with v1.6.8

syslog-{YEAR}-{MONTH}-{DAY}.log
syslog-{YEAR}-{MONTH}-{DAY}.log.0
syslog-{YEAR}-{MONTH}-{DAY}.log.1

Thanks