[syslog-ng] hostname not appearing correctly when receiving logs from switches

Joshua aces621 at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 16:40:01 UTC 2018

Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury to perform any testing since we do not have any test switch setup and due to resources. I will be removing v3.14 and installing v3.5..
Just to be clear, I did receive the syslog messages into the directory where I want the logs to be at. The only issue is the $HOST not displaying correctly from my Switch's syslog. From what I can see, it looks like the $HOST displayed was from the first word of the received syslog message.
Joshua Lai