[syslog-ng] Compression on input and output ?

Nagy, Gábor gabor.nagy at balabit.com
Tue Mar 13 16:53:54 UTC 2018

Hi Scot,

I don't know about native compression abilities in syslog-ng.
You could use TLS compression, but I don't know if that suits you.

Other options would require that you write your compressing programs and
include them in program source/destination or using unix sockets.

Can you explain what is your use case, please?
Maybe compression is not the goal, just the tool to achieve it and we can
propose something else.

Gabor