[syslog-ng] One source multiple destinations ?

Nagy, Gábor gabor.nagy at balabit.com
Sat Mar 10 09:21:30 UTC 2018

My understanding is that your receive logs from UDP in *d_sumo_514* even if
you remove the embedded log path forwarding to *d_sumo_514*?

It's hard to guess with this much information.
You've highlighted another log path with TCP source which has the same
filter and destination as with the UDP source.
Do you still receive logs if you comment out the other log path too?

Gabor

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 4:17 PM, Scot <scotrn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> While looking at this i'm scratching my head.
> If I am only getting UDP Syslog from ASA's then why does the sumo_asa
> filter still send data with this config ?
>

> source s_net_tcp        {tcp(ip(0.0.0.0) port(514) max-connections(300)
> keep_hostname(yes) so_rcvbuf(262142) log_iw_size(25000)); };
> source s_net_udp       {syslog(ip(0.0.0.0) keep_hostname(yes)  port(514)
> transport("udp") flags(no-hostname) so_rcvbuf(262142));};
>
> filter          f_sumo_asa {
>                         host("192.168.1.101") or
>                         host("192.168.1.102") or
>                         host("192.168.1.103") or
>                         host("192.168.1.104") or
>                         host("192.168.1.105");};
>

> log { source(s_net_udp);
>         channel {destination (d_file); };
>         #channel {filter(f_sumo_asa); destination (d_sumo_514);};
>         channel {filter(f_sumo_palto); destination (d_sumo_palto);};
>         channel {parser(pattern_db); destination (d_es);};
> };
>
> log { source(s_net_tcp);
>         channel {destination (d_file); };
> *        channel {filter(f_sumo_asa); destination (d_sumo_514:);};*
>         channel {filter(f_sumo_palto); destination (d_sumo_palto);};
>         channel {parser(pattern_db); destination (d_es);};
> };
>

> On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 4:50 AM, Nagy, Gábor <gabor.nagy at balabit.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi again!
>>
>> What I left out is that if you need embedded log paths I would recommend
>> using the `log` keyword explicitly rather than the `channel` keyword for
>> clarity.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Gabor
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 10:48 AM, Nagy, Gábor <gabor.nagy at balabit.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> rHi Scot!
>>>
>>> Yes messages are copied because you wrote embedded log paths above.
>>> The `channel` keyword is an alias (in some contexts) for the `log`
>>> keyword.
>>> There are some rules that apply to embedded log paths:
>>> https://syslog-ng.com/documents/html/syslog-ng-ose-latest-gu
>>> ides/en/syslog-ng-ose-guide-admin/html/concepts-embedded-logpaths.html
>>> https://syslog-ng.com/documents/html/syslog-ng-ose-latest-gu
>>> ides/en/syslog-ng-ose-guide-admin/html/configuring-embedded-