[syslog-ng] One source multiple destinations ?

Scot scotrn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 05:12:46 UTC 2018

T/F

On a log statement with 3 or more channels would a *copy* of each message
matching the filter would be sent to that destination.

log {
    source(s_net_tcp);
    channel { filter(f_allpci); destination (d_splunk_PCI); };
    channel { filter(f_allpci); destination (d_sumo_PCI); };
    channel { filter(f_swpci); destination (d_secureworks); };
};

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 2:04 PM, Scot <scotrn at gmail.com> wrote:

> That was a bad example on my part. I will need unique filters for each
> destination.
>
> log {
>     source(s_net_tcp);
>     channel { filter(f_allpci); destination (d_splunk_PCI); };
>     channel { filter(f_allpci); destination (d_sumo_PCI); };
>     channel { filter(f_swpci); destination (d_secureworks); };
> };
>
> On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 9:41 PM, Scot <scotrn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Evan,
>> Thats very helpful, is there somewhere these performance considerations
>> are outlined?
>> Only think I see related is 2.2.1 in the manual.
>>
>> I'll try tying combining the destinations under on log statement in the
>> morning.
>>

>> On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Evan Rempel <erempel at uvic.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> I would favour a config like
>>>
>>> log {
>>>     source(s_net_tcp);
>>>     channel { filter(f_pci); destination (d_splunk_PCI); };
>>>     channel { filter(f_pci); destination (d_sumo_PCI); };
>>>     channel { filter(f_pci); destination (d_secureworks); };
>>> };
>>>
>>> Although I think your config should work I don't like the idea of
>>> "re-sourcing" the stream.
>>>
>>> Now that I look closer at what you have done you are using the same
>>> filter, so it could be
>>>
>>> log {
>>>     source(s_net_tcp);
>>>     filter(f_pci);
>>>     destination (d_splunk_PCI);
>>>     destination (d_sumo_PCI);
>>>     destination (d_secureworks);
>>> };
>>>

>>> which takes the source, filters it and sends to all three destinations.
>>>
>>> Evan.
>>>

>>> On 01/20/2018 07:28 AM, Scot wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Jim,
>>> I have 4 configs