[syslog-ng] Directory/file create ownership

Marco Mignone info at marcomignone.com
Thu Mar 1 18:16:28 UTC 2018

Hi all,
Just to add on this topic, I noticed that when using the docker container all the files and folders gets a permission of root:root despite of what's in the global config options (I guess because the container by default starts with the root user).

Did you have any experience with this and do you know how to allow syslog-ng to set the users/groups as per the config options specified?

Thanks and sorry if this is slightly off topic... but not that much in effect.

Thanks,
Marco