[syslog-ng] RE syslog-ng OSE parsing

Daniel Ehrlich Daniel.Ehrlich at usq.edu.au
Tue Jun 19 06:13:48 UTC 2018

Thanks Gabor,

I’m wondering if you have any suggestion on how to filter these logs before applying that parser to them?

I have numerous sources coming in on the udp 514 listener. Then logging them to files which Splunk reads.

Below is my current config….:

source s_network {

   udp(port(514));

};

# Parser

# Rewrite

#Destinations

destination d_files_splunk {

   file("/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/syslog-ng/$HOST/$MONTH$DAY.log" create_dirs(yes));

};

destination d_files_seamail {

   file("/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/syslog-ng/seamail/$MONTH$DAY.log" create_dirs(yes));

};

# Filters

filter seamail {

   host("q=*" type(glob));