[syslog-ng] Asynchronous address resolution using getaddrinfo_a()

László Várady laszlo.varady at balabit.com
Thu Jul 26 10:24:39 UTC 2018

Hi,

>    1. Our application is restricted to Linux hence I didn't have to think
>    about cross platform scenarios.

We have actively maintained packages for FreeBSD. syslog-ng can be compiled
on macOS, Solaris and other Unix-like systems, so we usually prefer if our
code is portable (we provide compatibility implementations when a POSIX
implementation is not possible or not worth it). When we don't want to (or
can't) support something on a platform, we add auto-detection and an option
to our configure script. For example, "./configure --enable-linux-caps",
"./configure --disable-linux-caps".

But of course, Windows is not a requirement :)

--
László Várady