[syslog-ng] Trouble configuring elasticsearch2 destination

T4iga niklastai97 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:02:32 UTC 2018

Hi,

I think ld.so.conf will not work for me. I think I have multiple Java
versions installed.
I tried to read up on how to implement this in a unit file. It seems
extremely
complicated to fully understand compared to what I need it for.

Would creating a file and setting the environment variable there as
explained in the first answer here suffice?
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/117467/how-to-permanently-set-environmental-variables

Is this universal amongst distributions using systemd?

Sincerely
Niklas Deffner