[syslog-ng] syslog-ng inside LXC guest receives kernel messages from host

Scheidler, Balázs balazs.scheidler at balabit.com
Wed Jan 3 07:29:28 UTC 2018

Iptables by default submit kernel logs via printk() and I am not sure that
is namespace aware, I am assuming that its not.

You are probably receiving these messages via the system source, which
opens /proc/kmsg (or /dev/kmsg).

Heres a related article:

https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/1397

For now the best course of action is to disable kernel logs in the guest
and rely on the host to collect them.