[syslog-ng] multiple file sources, worked - some have now gone silent

Balazs Scheidler bazsi77 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:28:02 UTC 2018

Hi Declan,

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 6:13 PM, Declan White <declanw at is.bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> The data in the core dump would need to stay in my hands, so that's no
> good.
>
> I'm going to have to toss syslog-ng out :(
> Silencing sources without logging anything, when things went wrong in the
> most common way, is a complete deal breaker.
>
> - Declan

I understand the sentiment and rest assured what you described is not an
intended behaviour.

Frankly, you are not very helpful here. It is an integral part of open
source that users are also contributors and help forming the product and/or
fix bugs. By asserting that there's a problem on your side, without
providing details to help us fix it, and then calling it a deal breaker
will not solve the issue.

The premium edition may or may not be for you, but there you could at least
have some expectations wrt. deal breakers and stuff, as you would be paying
money in exchange for service and product. And I am not saying that we
leave the open source as garbage. We do everything to keep it as stable and
featureful as possible.

Cheers,