[syslog-ng] multiple file sources, worked - some have now gone silent

Nagy, Gábor gabor.nagy at balabit.com
Fri Feb 16 08:44:22 UTC 2018

Hello!

>From the description you gave it is hard to find out what is happening
without some more information.
Can you share your configuration, please?
Do you use the internal source, wildcard file-source?

We also have a tool that can be used to collect environment and information
called 'syslog-ng-debun'.
It can collect sensitive data, so be sure to replace/remove those before
sending the debun, e.g. IP addresses and passwords from config, etc.
https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/blob/master/contrib/syslog-ng-debun
https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/blob/master/contrib/README.syslog-ng-debun

As you are using Solaris as syslog-ng 3.12.1 have you built it from source
or used a package?

Best Regards,
Gabor