[syslog-ng] Insider 2018-12: 3.19 release; optimizing Splunk; Python source; HTTP batch;

Pal, Laszlo vlad at vlad.hu
Thu Dec 13 15:25:09 UTC 2018

Hi,

Is there any real deep-dive document showing why it is actually better to
send from the relay to HEC destination than send simply to a syslog
destination? I was running a pilot project where we pumped firewall logs
from syslog-ng PE 7 relay to Splunk Enterprise on plain syslog/tcp (of
course with disc buffer) and I never experienced any issue in this
scenario, so I've tried to find a detailed document on performance wise
differences between syslog/tcp and HEC destinations

Do you have such a whitepaper?

Thx
L: