[syslog-ng] Things to consider when selecting latest syslog-ng version to linux

R.Naveen Naidu naveenese at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 14:21:57 UTC 2018

Hi,

Could you please help to disable the java modules while cross-compiling the
syslog-ng(*3.17.2*). I tried disabling the java module( *--enable_java=no*)
during configure and showing it as an unrecognized option(This is done in
local syslog-ng compile Makefile where doing untar of syslog-ng and
configure/make).

>From the below site given the given Java options if we need to use it.
https://www.syslog-ng.com/technical-documents/doc/syslog-ng-open-source-edition/3.16/administration-guide/10#TOPIC-956423
====
*If you want to use the Java-based modules of syslog-ng OSE (for example,
the Elasticsearch, HDFS, or Kafka destinations), you must compile syslog-ng
OSE with Java support.  *
====
Mainly I don't want the Java to be cross-compiled and not going to use it.
I see these options are there in configure.ac file.
AC_ARG_ENABLE(java, [* --enable-java*  Enable java destination (default:
auto)],, enable_java="auto")

*Error logs:*
===
        ./configure \
           <Some donfig options>
     *      --enable_java=no \*
           --with-module-path="/lib:/lib/syslog-ng"
configure: error: unrecognized option: `--enable_java=no'
Try `./configure --help' for more information

In *config.log *file below logs are there after compiling.

*  java                        : yes*
*  java modules                : no*
  native bindings             : auto

--