[syslog-ng] How to capture time zone in syslog Ng

Nagy, Gábor gabor.nagy at oneidentity.com
Fri Aug 17 12:10:31 UTC 2018

Hi Sathish!

Can you share some examples of what does those unix events look like,
please?

Capturing the time zone information depends on how does that native syslog
client send the messages to syslog-ng.
Can you explain what are those native syslog clients, please?
It can happen that without modifying the configuration of those clients,
little can be done on server side.

Also, can you share details about your syslog-ng configuration, please?

Regards,
Gabor