[syslog-ng] multi-line logs and program/facility filters

Scheidler, Balázs balazs.scheidler at oneidentity.com
Fri Aug 10 18:06:23 UTC 2018

Hi,

this is probably because syslogd used SOCK_DGRAM socket for /dev/log
whereas your syslog-ng configuration tells syslog-ng to use SOCK_STREAM.
The libc implementation supports both. Make sure you use unix-dgram() in
syslog-ng. the system() source in syslog-ng defaults to unix-dgram() if I
remember correctly.

btw: multi-line log messages are not supported over syslog network
transports in general, though its original UDP transport may work.

Bazsi