[syslog-ng] syslog-ng-3.13.2 compilation issue

R.Naveen Naidu naveenese at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 05:25:23 UTC 2018

Hi,
I am trying to cross compile "syslog-ng-3.13.2" with my Linux and getting
below message.
Do I need to include the PCRE libs to my syslog-ng Makefile where I am
including the syslog-ng.

Please suggest me how to avoid this error.

*Logs:*

checking for inotify_init... yes
checking for TCP wrapper library... -lwrap
checking whether to enable TCP wrapper support... yes
checking for dlsym in -ldl... yes
checking for LIBDBI... no
checking for dbi_initialize_r in -ldbi... no
checking whether to enable SQL support... no
checking for GLIB... yes
checking for g_mapped_file_unref... yes
checking for g_list_copy_deep... no
checking sanity checking Glib headers... yes
checking for GEOIP... no
checking for MAXMINDDB... checking for MMDB_open in -lmaxminddb... no
checking for PCRE... no
configure: error: Cannot find pcre version >= 6.1 it is a hard dependency
from syslog-ng 3.6 onwards
make[11]: *** [syslog-ng-3.13.2/config.status] Error 1

--

Thanks & Regards
Naveen