[syslog-ng] Destination program input

Sandor Geller sandor.geller at ericsson.com
Sat Apr 21 07:03:18 UTC 2018

Hello,

A long time ago the program() destination worked as you expect, one
program execution per log line. However this is very inefficient so it
was changed to execute the program once and syslog-ng feeds its stdin -
so you've got to implement a loop in your app which handles incoming
messages one by one until syslog-ng exits and your app will get an EOF.

Regards,
Sandor