[syslog-ng] CentOS cant start syslog-ng via systemd but runs fine manually

Czanik, Péter peter.czanik at balabit.com
Tue Sep 12 07:42:35 UTC 2017

Hi,

And to make your setting update proof, I'd like to emphasize the following
paragraph from my blog:
"

Hint: while the exact path changes with the update of Java, there are often
some simplified links available. For example on Fedora Linux:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.51-4.b16.fc22.x86_64/jre/lib/amd64/server/
is also available as /usr/lib/jvm/java/jre/lib/amd64/server The first link
changes with each Java update, the second one stays stable between updates.

"

This, or a similar link exists also on CentOS.

Bye,

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
Balabit / syslog-ng upstream
https://www.balabit.com/blog/author/peterczanik/