[syslog-ng] Questions regarding support for syslog-ng

Diana Wiener diana.wiener at acquia.com
Wed Oct 11 23:06:00 UTC 2017

Hi
I'm collecting information on various dependencies within infrastructure
for internal tracking. I looked on the website and through your
documentation and cannot locate the answers needed, so I am reaching out to
the mailing list.

I was wondering if you can give me any sense of what your cadence for
releasing updates for syslog-ng.

   - Do you have a routine release cadence for updates?  If so, what is it
   (e.g. monthly, every third Tuesday, etc.) If there is no set cadence, can
   you give me a rough sense of how often you release updates?

   - How do you deal with potential security vulnerabilities?  What does
   your patching procedure look like? Is it typically visible to users?

I am sure you can't give me a ton of detail, but we'd like to be able to
document what our dependencies look like and how often we might be falling
behind so we can adjust our own roadmaps accordingly.

Thanks in advance for any information you can offer!

Diana

--
Diana Wiener
Customer Life Cycle Manager, Support