[syslog-ng] Testing application adapters and enterprise-wide message model for syslog-ng

Czanik, Péter peter.czanik at balabit.com
Thu Nov 30 13:58:02 UTC 2017

Hi,

Do you want to simplify parsing your log messages? Try the new “application
adapter” and “enterprise-wide message model” frameworks in syslog-ng: you
can automatically parse log messages and forward the results to another
syslog-ng instance. Optionally, you can also include the original, raw
message that you can forward unmodified to a SIEM system for further
analysis.

While these features are work in progress and might change considerably in
future releases, we appreciate early testing and feedback. With the help of
your comments we could cover not just our internal use cases, but also take
into account the needs of the wider community.

Read more about it at
https://www.balabit.com/blog/application-adapters-enterprise-wide-message-model-syslog-ng/
where you can find information where to download ready to use rpm packages
and how to get started.

Bye,

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
Balabit / syslog-ng upstream