[syslog-ng] syslog-ng running but not writing logs

Scot scotrn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 12:21:06 UTC 2017

Try /dev/log or /dev/klog ?
https://man.openbsd.org/syslogd.8
*syslogd* opens a UDP socket, as specified in */etc/services*, for sending
forwarded messages. By default all incoming data on this socket is
discarded. If insecure mode is switched on with *-u*, it will also read
messages from the socket. *syslogd* also opens and reads messages from the
UNIX-domain socket */dev/log*, and from the special device */dev/klog* (to
read kernel messages), and from sendsyslog(2)
<https://man.openbsd.org/sendsyslog.2> (to read messages from userland
processes).