[syslog-ng] Beat to syslog-ng

Czanik, Péter peter.czanik at balabit.com
Thu Nov 2 14:51:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

Somehow related to my previous e-mail: I was asked if Filebeat can send
logs directly into syslog-ng.

None of the network destinations of Beat are supported by syslog-ng, but I
did a quick check and we can read and parse the file destination of Beat.

Filebeat module functionality can be practically replaced by syslog-ng and
one of its parsers. But there are quite a few other Beat applications.

Question: is there a practical use case for syslog-ng reading the file
output of a Beat module? Do you use it anywhere?

Bye,

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
Balabit / syslog-ng upstream
https://www.balabit.com/blog/author/peterczanik/