[syslog-ng] use of Syslog-ng to filter logs for forwarding to Splunk

Fekete, Róbert robert.fekete at balabit.com
Thu May 18 11:37:23 UTC 2017

Hi Stuart,

Although it is not explicitly mentioned in the docs (I should add a section
sometime), syslog-ng can do this. You can find more details about it in
these Splunk blogposts:
https://www.splunk.com/blog/2017/03/30/syslog-ng-and-hec-scalable-aggregated-data-collection-in-splunk.html
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.splunk.com%2Fblog%2F2017%2F03%2F30%2Fsyslog-ng-and-hec-scalable-aggregated-data-collection-in-splunk.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHA6B3pNK8iYkhvMNKJAofoQBv9NA>
https://www.splunk.com/blog/2016/03/11/using-syslog-ng-with-splunk/
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.splunk.com%2Fblog%2F2016%2F03%2F11%2Fusing-syslog-ng-with-splunk%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFszFq3emOTowQPzMgYOMdJ_txVEQ>

HTH,
Robert