[syslog-ng] How to get list of IPs

james.r.hendrick james.r.hendrick at gmail.com
Fri May 12 20:36:26 UTC 2017

If you don't need all logs in a single file you could use $HOST or $HOST_FROM as part of the file name

-------- Original message --------From: Sathish Sundaravel <sathish.sundaravel at gmail.com> Date: 5/12/17  1:11 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Syslog-ng users' and developers' mailing list <syslog-ng at lists.balabit.hu> Subject: [syslog-ng] How to get list of IPs
Hi All
I have syslog Ng server running on Solaris platform and configured to receive or accept events from all unix servers in one single log file.
If I want to collect list of servers reporting to the log server , I have to manually extract list from a single log file which is too much time consuming . What would the best way ?
RegardsSathish