[syslog-ng] is it possible to use if() ... else statements on syslog-ng 3.7?

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Thu May 11 05:34:19 UTC 2017

The 3.9 docs show a padding function

$(padding <macro> <prepended characters>)

but the examples show a length argument

$(padding $MESSAGE 10 X): bar
would produce a result of XXXXXXXbar

but that is unclear. Where does $MESSAGE go? Does $MESSAGE get populated
with XXXXXXXbar

So maybe it could be written

$(padding $min_slice 2 "0"): $(* $(/ $R_MIN 5) 5)

There is some way to do it, but I can't figure it out from the docs.

Evan.