[syslog-ng] CDATA in patterndb test_message

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Mon May 8 03:02:22 UTC 2017

I wonder if it might be possible to be able to instruct the patternsdb
parser to ignore markup for the test_message.  This is a minor quibble,
but I do have some messages that I parse that could use something like
a <![CDATA[]]> wrapper around the test_message text.

If I do a 'pdbtool test --validate' against a database that includes
the offending test_message I get an error, but if I wrap it in a CDATA
it seems to run without error, although the parser doesn't actually
seem to see that wrapped test message.

I can also verify the test message with 'pdbtool match -M' command, so
this isn't a big deal, just thought I'd bring attention to it and see
if maybe I'm missing something or if this might be something to handle
in a future release.

John