[syslog-ng] syslog-ng on FreeBSD

Czanik, Péter peter.czanik at balabit.com
Wed Mar 29 08:27:32 UTC 2017

Hi,

Last weekend syslog-ng 3.9.1 became available on FreeBSD in the
sysutils/syslog-ng-devel port. The default syslog-ng port,
sysutils/syslog-ng still points to syslog-ng 3.7.

If you use syslog-ng on FreeBSD, please test 3.9.1 as I plan to promote
3.9.1 as the default syslog-ng version in ports. (I am only aware of a
single problem when upgrading from earlier versions to 3.9.1, but that's
Linux only: https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/issues/1395)

Let me know, if you run into any troubles with 3.9.1, so it can be fixed
before the change.

Thanks,

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
Balabit / syslog-ng upstream