[syslog-ng] syslog-ng buffer and reload

Budai, László laszlo.budai at balabit.com
Tue Mar 28 07:05:08 UTC 2017

hi,

your use case is a special one: you know that you won't need any of the
messages stored in the diskbuffer after a reload.

Maybe a --clear-diskqueue/--start-with-empty-diskqueue switch to the reload
command could solve this issue. But with this option you will lose all your
messages that are stored in the diskqueue. What do you think?

regards,
Laszlo Budai