[syslog-ng] Is it possible to include a external python script?

Scheidler, Balázs balazs.scheidler at balabit.com
Mon Mar 20 05:35:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

The example Python code should be unindented, or you see a different error?

Also, you can always import code in the python block.

With destinations you can specify a path to a python file, so the python
block is not needed. But with template functions I've figured the $(python)
call would be too crowded if we were passing explicit filename parameters.

But you can encapsulate the python code as well as a wrapper to the python
code into a separate file.

Foobar.conf:

python {

from foobar import foobar_template_function

}

template-function foobar "$(python foobar)"

Then you can use:

@include "Foobar.conf"

template("$(foobar)");

Unfortunately then template function declarations cant take parameters yet
from the callsite, which may be a serious limitation in your use-case. But
with a conceot above you can completely hide implementation details your
actual config.