[syslog-ng] Issue with timestamp

Scheidler, Balázs balazs.scheidler at balabit.com
Sun Jun 18 07:43:15 UTC 2017

Your firewall probably does not use rfc3164 properly and albeit syslog-ng
does have a few heuristics to deal with differences, your fw may just get
parsed incorrectly.

You might want to disable parsing using flags(no-parse) and then deal with
it accordingly.

No-parse will put the entire message with headers to $MSG, which then can
be broken down by various syslog-ng parsers, like the date-parser or regexp
based ones.