[syslog-ng] Filter Not Working (too many or's?)

wiskbroom at hotmail.com wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 6 14:31:43 UTC 2017

Thank  you!  That was the issue!

VP
________________________________
From: syslog-ng <syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu> on behalf of Evan Rempel <erempel at uvic.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 9:24:14 AM
To: syslog-ng at lists.balabit.hu
Subject: Re: [syslog-ng] Filter Not Working (too many or's?)

I agree with what Attila wrote, but to answer your question the first rexpression host("*.abca.*") is invalid.
you have a "*." where you needed a ".*"

Evan

On 06/06/2017 05:07 AM, Szalai, Attila wrote:
Hi,

First of all, the content of the host() is a regular expression, so adding .* to the beginning and/or to the end of the expression adds nothing, just pain/slowness.

Second, it would help a lot if we can see the actual error message. I found no obvious mistake, but because this is not the original line, maybe something lost in the translation.