[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.10 fedora/rhel/centos packages

Czanik, Péter peter.czanik at balabit.com
Wed Jul 19 10:41:51 UTC 2017

Just tested, 3.10.1 does not compile on RHEL 6 (well, in practice the
latest CentOS 6.X). It fails with:

  CCLD     modules/dbparser/pdbtool/pdbtool
./lib/.libs/libsyslog-ng.so: undefined reference to `g_atomic_pointer_add'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [modules/dbparser/pdbtool/pdbtool] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

So, currently 3.9 is the latest syslog-ng compiling on old distros.

Making sure, that syslog-ng compiles on old distros is on the roadmap of
the team. Compiling on FreeBSD was fixed right after the 3.10 release, I
hope RHEL 6 / SLES 11 will also compile again soon.

Bye,

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
Balabit / syslog-ng upstream
https://www.balabit.com/blog/author/peterczanik/