[syslog-ng] how to preserve original filenames when getting input from wildcard source

Wout Peeters wout at unix-solutions.be
Wed Jul 12 08:51:13 UTC 2017

Hi all,

New user, I have a very basic question about the wildcard source function that's been recently added to syslog-ng OSE:

Suppose I'm getting input from the following:

source s_files { wildcard-file(
base-dir("/var/log/")
filename-pattern("*.log")
recursive(no)
follow-freq(1)
); };

And in /var/log I have different *.log files:
- 1.log
- 2.log
- 3.log

How can I save the output on my syslog-ng server, so that input from 1.log would arrive in a file named 1.log on my server, input from 2.log in a file named 2.log etc.?

Thanks and k ind regards,

Wout