[syslog-ng] Error initializing message pipeline;

Fabien Wernli wernli at in2p3.fr
Fri Jan 20 15:17:06 UTC 2017

Hi Evan,

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 07:07:53AM -0800, Evan Rempel wrote:
> Fabian, I would be interested in seeing your patterndb file for the cisco
> logs. Our problem is that the cisco devices don't really log a program name,
> which makes using patterndb quite difficult.
>
> Can you share in or out of band?

No I can't, as we don't really collect cisco logs :-)
My answer was more targetting a general approach, sorry for raising your
hopes in vain!

That being said, I'd love to know more about the specific problem you're
having, as we might well collect cisco logs in the future and I'd be glad to
help.

Cheers