[syslog-ng] udp tuning - where to look.

Jim Hendrick james.r.hendrick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:27:23 UTC 2017

Thanks everyone for the quick feedback!

I am asking our vmware folks to take a look from the "outside" for things
that might help (we may be having a shared resource issue for example)

I am working on a test environment to look into further tuning with kernel
settings.

I am also looking at application changes (since this is seen on both a
syslog-ng "collector" and a splunk "forwarder" I am looking at the kernel /
OS stuff first).

One possibility is that we could stand up a load balancer in front and
spread the load across multiple boxes.

Thanks - If / when I have any brilliant success I will pass it along :-)

Jim