[syslog-ng] udp tuning - where to look.

James Elstone james at elstone.net
Wed Jan 11 09:31:20 UTC 2017

Hi Jim,

While not a direct answer and following on from Fabien's suggestion:

If in a virtual environment, as a work around you could create a few instances running syslog-ng with udp source and tcp destinations, and enable fifo or disk buffering and balance the load over the new instances; maybe explore round robin dns configuration if your environment permits?

Kr,

James