[syslog-ng] CentOS 7.2 // Syslog-ng (syslog-ng_3.6.4)

vijay amruth vijayamruth at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 22:00:23 UTC 2017

Hello guys, Happy new year!!
Hope you are doing great.

I've installed (compiled ) syslog-ng on CentOS Linux 7 (Core) but after I
got through the install which is all good, I cant get it to start, all it
says is :

systemctl status syslog-ng
● syslog-ng.service
   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
   Active: inactive (dead)
[vch at slc ~]$ sudo systemctl enable syslog-ng
Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory
[vch at slc ~]$ sudo systemctl start syslog-ng
Failed to start syslog-ng.service: Unit syslog-ng.service failed to load:
No such file or directory.

Rsyslog is not running, I can't think of any, I am I missing some simple
?????? Any help is appreciated.
--
Thanks,
Vijay Amrut.