[syslog-ng] Hitting g_assert when using sanitize-utf8 enabled!

James Elstone james at elstone.net
Fri Jan 6 13:06:45 UTC 2017

Hi Attila,

Thanks for responding!

The message contained 954 bytes on the wire with 70 non printable chars, generated from a Windows 2k12 security event log (event id 4648) entry.  I make it 1164 bytes once encoded...

The non-utf8 chars being sent were a mix of all \0x7f\0x7f except one \0x92 char towards the end with one further \0x7f\0x7f there after.

Going to give a few things a go, very helpful!!

Kr,

James