[syslog-ng] "Error checking uniqueness"

Noémi Ványi sitbackandwait at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 16:50:05 UTC 2017

Syslog-ng stores persistent options and data in syslog-ng.persist file. It
contains data about drivers specified in the configuration. The drivers are
identified by their "settings". In your case you have three file drivers
which contain the same log file: "/var/log/abc/audit_log". Thus, the id of
that driver is not unique. To provide a unique identifier for these drivers
you must specify a different string in persist-name.

For example, you could add persist-name("abcaudit") to driver d_abcaudit,
persist-name("abcaudit_Prio") to driver d_abcaudit_Prio and
persist-name("abcaudit_IPtab") to d_abcaudit_IPtab. The key is that the
string in persist-name is unique.

Previously, handling multiple drivers on the same thing was broken in the
usage of the persist file, if I recall correctly. This persist-name option
was introduced to fix the problem. So, in previous versions it was buggy.

BR,
kvch