[syslog-ng] Creating time lapse videos from log messages

Czanik, Péter peter.czanik at balabit.com
Thu Aug 31 09:03:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

A couple of you asked how I created the time lapse videos visualizing
connection attempts to my router. I used the new geoip2 parser of syslog-ng
3.11, Elasticsearch for storage, Kibana for showing the map and OpenShot to
convert screenshots into a movie.

Read the details from my blog at
https://www.balabit.com/blog/creating-time-lapse-videos-log-messages-using-openshot/

I'm not really sure if it has any practical use, but definitely a nice eye
candy which can raise attention towards security of your network.

Do you have any other suggestions for log data to be visualized in a
similar way?

Bye,

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
Balabit / syslog-ng upstream