[syslog-ng] syslog-ng fails logging to existing sqlite database

Andrea Laini andrea.laini at claypaky.it
Thu Oct 13 12:48:19 UTC 2016

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask you a question about libdbi (version 0.8.4.1 with libdbi-drivers 0.8.3).
I'm using syslog-ng 3.5.4.1 on my Yocto Poky 1.7 Linux distro. I need to log my data into a sqlite3 database and everything works fine, but the database has not be written: no log data stored.
According to debug infos, it seems that syslog-ng recognizes that the database exists, connects to it, found (with the sql statement "SELECT * FROM tableName WHERE 0=1) that the table named "tableName" exists but it gets an error when verifying columns' names; so it tries to add a column with that name to the table, but the operation fails since this column already exists.
I've googled and search on the web, but I've found nothing interesting. Trying syslog-ng 3.6.4 doesn't change anything, while using libdbi 0.9.0 returns an error when compiling due to mismatch between function signature in the source and header file.

Have you any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Regards

Andrea

Please be informed that our offices will be closed for National Holidays from Monday 31/10/16 to Tuesday 01/11/16 included. We will be back on Wednesday 02/11/16.

Vi ricordiamo che saremo chiusi per festività i giorni lunedì 31/10/16 e martedì 01/11/16. Saremo nuovamente operativi da mercoledì 02/11/16.

Andrea Laini

Email: andrea.laini at claypaky.it<mailto:andrea.laini at claypaky.it>
Clay Paky S.p.A.
Via Pastrengo, 3/b - 24068 Seriate (BG) - ITALY
Phone: +39 - 035.654.311 - Fax: +39 - 035.30.18.76
Web: www.claypaky.it<http://www.claypaky.it/>
Read our Disclaimer @  www.claypaky.it/disclaimer<http://www.claypaky.it/disclaimer/index.html>