[syslog-ng] Elasticsearch 5 and syslog-ng

Peter Eckel lists at eckel-edv.de
Thu Nov 24 20:33:25 UTC 2016

Hi Baszi,

thanks for the extremely quick response and the patch - I just implemented it, repackaged and tested the config, and now the usual syntax works just fine. Thanks!

As for the crash I will dive deeper into this after I have investigated my alternative solution of using the http() destination. My aim is to get the basic functionality of the elasticsearch() destination with the http() destination instead, as I want to get rid of the Syslog NG daemon having a dependency from Java.

Best regards,

  Peter.