[syslog-ng] unable to install syslog-ng ubuntu 16.04

Varugis Kurien vkurien at midfinsystems.com
Mon Nov 14 17:05:09 UTC 2016

Simon,

I was able to get 16.04 work with a clean build using the standard ISO image. I had to install syslog-ng-core first.

How do you build your U16.04 images?

Unfortunately Ubuntu 12.04 still doesn't work due to sylog-ng-mod-python package being incorrect. I worked around this by fixing the preinst in the package and generating a new one for now.